* Please refer to the English Version as our Official Version.
The IXDD404 consists of two 4 amp CMOS high speed MOSFET drivers. Available in standard 8-pin P-DIP (PI), SOIC-8 (SIA), and SOIC-16 (SIA-16) packages. For enhanced thermal performance, SOP-8 and SOP-16 can also be packaged with exposed grounded metal backs as SI and SI-16, respectively. Each output can generate and absorb 4 A peak current while generating voltage rise and fall times of less than 15ns to drive the latest IXYS Mosfets and IGBTs. The input of the drive is compatible with TTL or CMOS and is fully latch-immune throughout its operating range.
The IXDD404 design has a small internal delay and cross conduction/current through-through is virtually eliminated. Speed and drive capability are further improved by very low matching up and down times. In addition, each driver in IXDD404 includes a unique feature to disable output in case of failure conditions. When a logical low level is forced into a driver's enable input, its final output level mosFeTs (NMOS and PMOS) are turned off.
Therefore, the respective output of IXDD404 enters the three-state mode and achieves soft shutdown of MOSFET/ IGBT when a short circuit is detected. This helps prevent the damage that can occur when the MOSFET/IGBT is suddenly shut down due to the dv/dt overvoltage transient.
IXDD404 Functional Diagram
IXDD404 Characteristics Test Diagram
● Built using the advantages and compatibility of CMOS and IXYS HDMOSTM processes
● Latch-Up Protected
● High Peak Output Current: 4A Peak
● Wide Operating Range: 4.5V to 35V
● Ability to Disable Output under Faults
● High Capacitive Load Drive Capability: 1800pF in < 15ns
● Matched Rise And Fall Times
● Low Propagation Delay Time
● Low Output Impedance
● Low Supply Current
● Two identical drivers in single chip
● Driving MOSFETs and IGBTs
● Limiting di/dt under Short Circuit
● Motor Controls
● Line Drivers
● Pulse Generators
● Local Power ON/OFF Switch
● Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)
● DC to DC Converters
● Pulse Transformer Driver
● Class D Switching Amplifiers